N'toko, Steiner, Fallopian Disco Force, Quick Explosion Scratch Hurricanes, Takashi Nakayama, more
- 2011 / 03 / 5 (Sat)
- Live House:
- 20000 Den-atsu - Higashi-Koenji
- Mixed Genre
- Open Time:
- Adv. Price:
- Door Price:
- Added by:
N'toko: "Ex Shanti / Future Shanti" Release Party
Fashion Crisis and Call And Response Records present Slovenian alternative electro hip hop superstar N'toko for the opening night of his 2011 Japan tour.
N'toko's album "Ex Shanti / Future Shanti", released by Call And Response last autumn, was one of two N'toko albums in Slovenian alternative radio's top five of 2010. For a sampler, you can hear the song he named after our event, "Fashion Crisis" (featuring Kim from Uhnellys) here:
Joining him is an eclectic selection of underground and alternative bands from around Tokyo, as well as the usual Fashion Crisis DJs spinning between live acts.
Date: March 5th (Sat)
Place: Higashi Koenji 20000V (http://den-atsu.com/)
Time: 18:00 Open
Price: 1500 adv. / 1800 door
- N'toko: Genre-defying post-hippy party music (http://www.myspace.com/ntoko)
- Steiner: Fierce, furious, yet elegant post-punk in a Gang of Four-meets-Eno sort of way (http://www.myspace.com/waveofsteiner)
- Takashi Nakayama with LABSiCK Man-Machine ReMiX: Dancetastic disco-punk new wave mass hysteria (http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~labsick/labsickmanmachineremixtop.html)
- Fallopian Disco Force: Cruelly deformed broken funk mutants (http://www.myspace.com/fallopiandiscoforce)
- Quick Explosion Scratch Hurricanes: Experimental indie rock trio, crawling from the ashes of neo-acoustic pop sweethearts the Andersens.
- James Hadfield
- Ian Martin
- L-GRAZIA B1, 1-7-23 Koenji Minami, Suginami-ku
- 住所 (日本語):
- Map link:
- Closest stations:
東高円寺二万電圧 / 20000Volt
Near Higashi-Koenji station.
Turn left as soon as you come out of exit 2 of Higashi-Koenji subway station. Turn left at the first corner. 20000V is just after the little My Basket store, down some stairs.
Re-open from 10/30/2010
ORIGINAL LOCATION CLOSED SINCE A FIRE IN THE BUILDING
- It's too late to register for this Event.